Cant Create new note but can create new notebook, task, and tag

• Level 5*

If you've updated recently,  hopefully you're using v10.58 which is working fine for me (but on Win 11).  You should not have to reinstall to create a new note.  If you click on the big green button to create a new note,  what options do you see?

(And no,  you don't get to downgrade to an older v10 - it would just upgrade again to the latest version.)

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, EvenoteUser21342351 said:

I went into task manager and closed some Evernote background processes

That's usually a VERY bad idea.  The app should work seamlessly if you installed it and use it correctly.  There are updates,  but usually no more than every couple of weeks.  If you click on 'new note',  you should get a new blank note within a few seconds.  If that's not happening,  you need help or a different app! 

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, EvenoteUser21342351 said:

How could I tell if others are having the same problem as me can you help me with that please

I think if others are having the same problem they would be posting here in support or agreement.  If you're a subscriber you could contact Evernote Support (we're mainly just others users here..) to get some more feedback.

• Level 5

Do you run a firewall software ? Sometimes you may do so without even knowing, it’s part of some internet security suites.

A firewall can block specific apps or specific web servers. It’s not unheard that it wrongly lists a server on a blacklist, which effectively stops the computer to communicate with that server. In this case the firewall software will allow to unblock / whitelist the server.

A firewall can be located on the router as well.

Another reason can be ad blocking software, like a PiHole. It has blocklists as well, that can stop communication.

Without knowing your network it’s hard to tell.