Cannot create a new note - just does nothing?

Similar issue:

- hit NEW button, long spinner/lockup with no result.  Returns to normal, subsequent attempt successful.  Evernote Status "normal".

- attempt copy-to default notebook.  Long spinner >60 sec with successful result.  Frequent.  Evernote status "normal".

Letest version, Win10 on new PC (Win security only, stripped out McAfee). Large database (35,000 notes).  Recent migration from Legacy.   Ethernet, hi speed cable internet. No other apps giving me issues.  Recent EN upgrade back to Pro after lapse.

EN 10.58.3-win-ddl-public (4147)  Editor: v172.19.3  Service: v1.69.3

/tmm

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Schooner said:

Similar issue:

Hmmn.  Similar setup here on Win 11 and I don't see why you'd be having problems - my database is twice as big and if I hit 'new note' I get a new note immediately.

Have you tried the classic "switch it all off and then switch it all on again"?  If you have some time you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote - I did this recently and was back up and running within an hour or so,  but don't start the process unless you have no immediate need to be somewhere else - i can take a while.

If you do all the above and it's still an issue,  I'd suggest a support ticket - send them a copy of your logs too. (See the Help menu)

Similar issue here

Windows 10

Evernote 10.33.5

Whether I click the green New button, chose note OR

in a recently created Notebook, click the "+ New Note"

Logged out / restarted Evernote

Looked at the logs

Maybe this?

{"name":"electron.main","hostname":"DESKTOP-0D1TLUT","pid":13528,"topicName":"boron:WindowController","level":50,"msg":"boron:WindowController client:sagas:note:createNote:helpers {\"name\":\"MultiError\",\"errorList\":[{\"name\":\"RetryError\",\"timeout\":500,\"message\":\"Timed out waiting to acquire mutex \\\"GraphDB Orchestrator.runMutatorOptimistic:noteCreate\\\", currently locked by \\\"GraphDB Orchestrator.onDownsyncChanges:BufferComplete\\\"\"}]} ","time":"2023-06-19T01:52:05.398Z","src":{"file":"C:\\Users\\artgo\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Evernote\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\conduit-utils\\node_modules\\en-ts-utils\\src\\logger.ts","line":274,"func":"error"},"v":0}