Evernote running painfully slow

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Each time I open EN I get the green spinning circle.  Same thing when I go to a new notebook.  This started a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to be patient.

Today I deleted my trash (10,000+) hoping that would solve it.  But now I can't even merge two notes...it just gives me the green spinning circle for several minutes, finally stops and says "we're sorry, we can't merge the files" and the two files are still separate.

I'm running on an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 16.5

• Like 1

I got on my iMac and went to “Evernote release notes” on the Evernote website and it says the most recent version for the MAC is 10.57.5.  The version on my iMac is 10.57.10. 

First Question:   How do I get this latest version on my iMac?

I then opened Evernote on my MacBook Pro and it says it just downloaded a new version…10.57.6.

Second Question:  You mention 10.58.3…my “just received” version is still 10.57.  How do I get to the 58??

You can download it form Evernote Officeial Web Site.

image.thumb.png.f11b0b1ec201d9c82855b2c092d2c813.png

The automatic distribution time of the latest version will be delayed from the time of publication on the website.

There is usually no notification of the release of the latest version on the website. Or it will be delayed.

The only way to find out is to get information from users on this forum, or occasionally click on the download link on the official site.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, PinkElephant said:

You should check if 10.58.3 is already installed on the Macs, and EN iOS 10.51.1 on the mobiles.

If not, update, restart the devices and try again.

Once I got the latest versions...it seems to be back to the great speed I always have had over the last many years.  Thanks goodness!  I love Evernote, please keep it humming!!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, JDH377 said:

Once I got the latest versions...it seems to be back to the great speed I always have had over the last many years.  Thanks goodness!  I love Evernote, please keep it humming!!

For me the v10 is still miles behind on speed and usage speed compared to v6. I'm very happy for you that for your use-cases it got back to speeds you want. 🙌👊👍