Older notes stay blank for one minute - while "saving"?

Quite often I open a note on my Mac and it stays blank. In the right bottom corner it says "saving". After a minute or so the data appears. Why does this take so long? Is this burried into AWS Glacier storage that takes minutes to retrieve? Please explain!

But.....

Why can't we have syncing for each and every note?

This has to be optional of course, but how difficult is this? I have a premium account, I have ample room on my laptop and iphone, enough mobile data to download and upload all my notes montly. Why do we get this [insert 4-letter-word here] service? It's an actual downgrade from the legacy app.

I've cancelled automatical renewal for my subscription, and will move to Obsidian or something else, despite the downsides that has.

Version info: 10.57.10-mac-mas-public (459878) Editor: v169.1.20965

• Level 5

The delay has to do with RTE, the new syncing method relying on a different data structure. The notes get converted while you wait.

Update as soon as available (direct download is already on the website, AppStore is usually a little later) to 10.58.3. EN says it improves the loading time somewhat.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Update as soon as available (direct download is already on the website, AppStore is usually a little later) to 10.58.3. EN says it improves the loading time somewhat.

Thanks for the info. I miss the announcements on this forum which allowed you to bypass the auto update process and update immediately!

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Weblogista said:

Thanks for the explanation! Most notes load under three seconds. Often notes take a minute or longer, and I don't understand why it takes so long.

Same for myself, and I haven't understood the pattern, if there is one.

Initially it was said that each note gets converted to the RTE structure (once, I understood), and new notes I expected to be automatically formatted. 2x I found out different.

So I am happy they seem to make some progress, and will hope they get this whole PITA solved soon.

Still I don`t unterstand why it wasn't converted on the server (best option) or in a batch on the client while it was idle and had resources to spare (next best option). The worst situation seems to be to convert exactly THAT note the user needs when he needs it, and make us wait. But that was exactly what has happened.

• Like 1