intelligent tag lookup when assigning tags in the note

Cane Randagio

Idea

As you can see in the image, I entered the first tag (circled in blue) by writing 'Ricet' and then choosing 'Ricette Colazione'.
While if I write 'Colaz' (circled in red), it doesn't suggest 'Ricette Colazione', this is because the tag name does not start with 'Colazione' but starts with 'Ricette'.

Here I would like intelligent suggestions, so that if I write some letters of the second word of a tag, or letters inside a word of the tag, it suggests everything it finds with those inserted characters.

For example I can never remember if I created the tag 'Spirituality and Meditation' or 'Meditation and Spirituality', and lo and behold with the current functionality I have to try at least twice to find it.

If you have any doubts about my question don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks and congratulations for the work done, and best wishes for the future.

screenshot_2023-06-02_16:28:42.png

7 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Cane Randagio said:

this is because the tag name does not start with 'Colazione' but starts with 'Ricette'.

This is certainly the behaviour you get when you add a tag from the tag area at the bottom of the note. I quite like it. I generally remember how a tag starts and don't really want a lot of tags simply containing the characters I type.

However, if you do want a complete search, you can use the edit tags function (note 🢂 edit tags or alt+ctrl+T onWwindows). Here you get a complete search for whatever you type 

image.png.edc289091eafb9897f7f8d3ad35e32ba.png

Thanks for the reply, your input is constructive.

I understand your need not to have too many tags when you type the beginning of the name, it's understandable, I really have a hard time remembering.

However there could be a choice, perhaps by selecting the type of search in the preferences, this is a solution that can satisfy both examples of needs, my example and yours.

The suggestion to use 'edit tag' is not a preferential and fast solution, compared to what I need, it is clear that having the functionality I requested in the search bar at the bottom of the note is much faster.

What do you think about being able to choose the type of search in your personal preferences?

1 minute ago, Cane Randagio said:

What do you think about being able to choose the type of search in your personal preferences?

No problem with having it as a preference, although I'm still not sure it is really necessary given the edit tag function. However, EN have been reluctant to give us  many preferences so I'm not sure it will happen.

21 hours ago, Mike P said:

No problem with having it as a preference, although I'm still not sure it is really necessary given the edit tag function. However, EN have been reluctant to give us  many preferences so I'm not sure it will happen.

It's just a matter of optimizing time and ease of use, it's boring having to navigate through the menu to add tags.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This thread is about „General features“, so I look for it on my iPad (EN 10.51.1).

It clearly looks up ANY part of a word that is defined as tag. I have only one tag containing „23“, which is my year Tag „2023“. It is found without any problem when I enter 23, skipping the initial 20. One tap, selected, applied, done. Is this what you requested ?

IMG_0134.jpeg.d47c3c43c3d610b51787e55824a0f873.jpeg

• Level 5

There is a subforum for the web client, if that’s the client you are refering to. It makes it easier to filter for it as well.

The web client has some small differences in use to the other clients. The reason here probably lies in the lack of a local database - sending information to the server and back is less speedy than doing it on device.

If you want to ask for this specific feature, send a support ticket. The forum is user2user.

• Like 1