Content not supported, say what?

I edited an existing note using the Windows app and added an entry for today's date, followed by a to-do at the top of the note. When I returned to the note, the entry for today's date was missing; however, the date label remained. Also, the task was missing, although I could see an untitled task started in the Windows app. Upon viewing the same note in Evernote web, I see a notice indicating "Content not supported" where the task should have been displayed. What happened to my task? Since the introduction of multi-edit notes, I have seen several unexplained instances where small amounts of recently added content have disappeared. Can I turn off this feature? I have no need for it.

image.thumb.png.efaf115ed23453c7cd0788f46fcf81d0.png

I just rewrote the content for May 24th, and it failed to save a second time while I was also viewing the not on the web. This is really discouraging. I've been using Evernote since 2008 and have never experienced data loss like this! 

I just learned that there is a "Switch to new Evernote" option that I was not aware of. Now I can view and edit tasks, a feature that I had seen working previously. I am still concerned about the loss of content.

• Level 5

There is no „Switch to new EN“ in the Windows client. This implies you could simply toggle between views in the same client.

The v10 client is 100% new code, delivered as an independent app, running on its own, independent database. When you install it on a PC currently running the old, deprecated legacy version, the legacy install will be removed during installation. You can install legacy again after setting up v10. V10 was released 2.5 years ago.

The only place where you can toggle between the „classic“ and the new editor is the web client.

Em 24/05/2023 at 18:20, daveb disse:

I just rewrote the content for May 24th, and it failed to save a second time while I was also viewing the not on the web. This is really discouraging. I've been using Evernote since 2008 and have never experienced data loss like this! 

I just learned that there is a "Switch to new Evernote" option that I was not aware of. Now I can view and edit tasks, a feature that I had seen working previously. I am still concerned about the loss of content.

I'm feeling the same way and never experienced data loss like this. I am still hoping for the resolution 

• 4 weeks later...

All of my in note tasks are gone with the "content not supported" block even though I am on the latest version of the client. The content  is also missing on the web site with the same "content not supported" notification.

I need these tasks ASAP if anyone can help me retrieve them

Thanks

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, KonradMiller said:

even though I am on the latest version of the client

Will you find out the exact version number of the client you are using and post what that is?

18 hours ago, RhiannonHope said:

I am on this version and I have the same problem

If you are having the same problem as OP then it means you are using a Version 10 client on Desktop, but you are also still using the old “legacy” version on the web and you are seeing “Content not supported” in the web version. There is a setting for the web version to switch it to using the new version.