Lost note when updated Evernote

Before updating Evernote on Windows today, I made sure to sync notes. I noticed a recently edited note had two copies, one was older and incomplete and one was my recent. Rather than deleting the older one, I retitled it with "old" in the title.  After Evernote update, only the note with "old" remains. I lost the note with more complete content.  It is not in the trash, and version history only shows still older versions.  

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I hope that's the only note I lost. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's helpful to know what device, windows version (W7,8,10,11?) and Evernote version you're using,  and how exactly the update was processed - it's my understanding that we get a left-margin notice that an update can be installed on next restart.  Plus were these notes created on the same device,  and have you signed into the web version via Evernote.com to check what notes are available there?

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  It's helpful to know what device, windows version (W7,8,10,11?) and Evernote version you're using,  and how exactly the update was processed - it's my understanding that we get a left-margin notice that an update can be installed on next restart.  Plus were these notes created on the same device,  and have you signed into the web version via Evernote.com to check what notes are available there?

Windows 10.  Evernote updated to 10.57.5 .   Installed per on-screen instructions. 

I think the old/orginal note that I still have was created on Android mobile and updated on PC,  and the updates that were done and lost were to that original note done on the PC.

Yes I checked web version and same as on PC and mobile:  the old base original note is there (updated to say Old in title) and the updated note is not there.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

If you're a subscriber you should have access to Note History which will include all versions of any note you can still see that Evernote has received from any connected devices.  If that doesn't include the lost data,  then for some reason it looks like the changes didn't make it as far as Evernote.  You could still raise this with Support (not us - mainly other users here...) who may be able to help.

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you're a subscriber you should have access to Note History which will include all versions of any note you can still see that Evernote has received from any connected devices.  If that doesn't include the lost data,  then for some reason it looks like the changes didn't make it as far as Evernote.  You could still raise this with Support (not us - mainly other users here...) who may be able to help.

Thank you.  No, I am unable to see the note in version history.  So I guess it never made it to Evernote, which is weird, but...   

Can you tell me how to contact Support, pls?   Whenever I try, since I am not developer, it only gives me this forum.

Thanks again!