Wrote a note while offline on an airplane and it has disappeared

I was on an airplane without wifi and so I wrote notes for an hour.  I have just gone to find that note (which said it would sync when I was online) and it is not visible anywhere.  I was happy with the product until this.  Is there a way to recover that or am I out of luck (and you are out of a customer)?

7 hours ago, Brad Sheldon said:

Same thing happened to me this morning on a flight from Singapore.
The note reappeared when i had WIFI and commenced a sync.

Interresting... This means that offline-created notes are stored (correctly?) but are invisible until they have been synced? So EN seems to store those outside its working datasets.

We had (and have) similar (but not exactly the same) effects with Legacy: You cannot add an internal link to an offline-created note because creating unique note IDs has been managed by the server... So oneline-created notes have been incomplete in this manner. But they are visible in Legacy all the time.

EN10 creates unique note IDs even in offline mode - so I assumed that working completely offline has been enhanced. 🤔

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

I assumed that working completely offline has been enhanced.

? I just Airplaned my tablet and created a new note - warnings were "you're offline" and "the note will sync when you reconnect".  Edited some content and tapped the check mark at the top right.  Edited note went into my default notes with the big green 'not synced' flag.  Reconnected the tablet - and about 2 seconds later (after my VPN got over the shock) the note was on my desktop and the sync flash had gone from the tablet.  Seems to work seamlessly for me.

Possibilities are:  that the OP did not 'close' the note correctly / Evernote was closed and/ or the device turned off before sync / something else went wrong.  Without much more detail it's impossible to say.

• Thanks 1