File attachments no longer open into my software

andfurthermore

Idea

I have embroidery design attachments in EverNote that previously opened into my embroidery software when I selected them, where I could then make adjustments prior to sending them to my embroidery machine.  Since the latest update, they no longer open into the software.  I now get a screen verifying all of my file types but it won't open the files into my program.  Again, this worked great until the last update.  Thanks.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Can you say something about what version of Evernote you are using (Windows desktop, Mac desktop, mobile app, Web client). There have been problems with images reported on some of these recently, but not others. Also, what types of attachments are these? Are they standard images, or proprietary types used by the embroidery software?

• Like 1
On 5/20/2023 at 12:30 PM, andfurthermore said:

I now get a screen verifying all of my file types but it won't open the files into my program.

That sounds like a Windows screen (and not an Evernote screen to me).

Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing and paste it into a comment here in the forums?

On 5/20/2023 at 12:30 PM, andfurthermore said:

Since the latest update, they no longer open into the software.  I now get a screen verifying all of my file types but it won't open the files into my program.  Again, this worked great until the last update.

Which update are you talking about exactly? (Which version number of Evernote were you using before and which Evernote version are you using now? In addition to platform as Dave mentions.) Is it possible it was an operating system update and not an Evernote update?

• Level 5
19 hours ago, andfurthermore said:

Thanks for the reply. I’ve resolved the issue by assigning associations to the files again. Not sure how they lost the association assignments but I can now open my files directly from EverNote. 

Glad to hear it's fixed. My daughter is a needleworker (tatting, knitting), so the concept of embroidery software caught my attention. Happy embroidering!

It looks like you are experiencing a compatibility issue between Evernote and your software. Have you checked if there are any recent updates or changes to your software that could be causing this? Additionally, you can try contacting Evernote support for further assistance. In the meantime, if you are looking for professional software development services, you can contact Sloboda Studio. They specialize in creating customized solutions for various industries. They may be able to offer some information or help in solving your problem.