A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.e894fcf64d81b44e4fc17795feb39db8.png

Getting the same with:

10.57.5-win-ddl-public (4090)
Editor: v169.1.20965
Service: v1.68.4

Have had it a few weeks and have had at least one upgrade.

Will try a reinstall as suggested but just wanted to report it in case any Staff are reading this and have suggestions e.g. 

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Simon Anderson said:

in case any Staff are reading this and have suggestions

Hi.  This is a public forum and the staff very rarely get involved with individual issues.  subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or via the in-app feedback option where it is available). 

Good luck with the reinstall!

I tried reinstalling but that didn't help.  I looked at the code and the Get-AuthenticodeSignature call is attempting to use PowerShell.  I work at a utility company and then don't allow a non admin id to run powershell commands as part of their security procedures.

I'll open a support case at the address above.  This seems like a poor decision on EverNotes part to assume all users will have access to PowerShell or in my case force me to run EverNote with elevated privileges. 

• Level 5

If your IT admin blocks access to parts of the OS (like power shell), it’s hardly the fault of a software developer.

In such a case use the web client. This is in general advisable for anybody who experiences problems on employer managed computers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...