Evernote does not start after last update!

Go to solution Solved by Stuhrer,

• Level 5

After I loaded the update yesterday, I cannot start Evernote on my Mac. It hangs at a certain point when loading (see attached screenshot). What can I do to resolve this? Might a complete re-installation help? 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-05 um 10.16.40.png

• Level 5

Unfortunately, I have the same problem in the Web-Interface. I think the new update destroyed my database. I will try to contact the support. It would be a catastrophe if my data is permanently destroyed.

• Level 5

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I cannot open my database in the web client. The wheel spins forever as in the Mac client. I will need to contact the support. I will do this next week. 

• Level 5

I am using the new editor for a very long time and I never had any problem. But now I only see the spinning wheel when trying to log into my account using Chrome and Safari. I think I need to contact the support next week.

evernote web.png

• Level 5

I think the new version now is somehow much slower. I now can open my account in the web client, but it sometimes takes more than 10 minutes to open. I have a very fast internet connection. When using the Mac client it opens fast now, but it uses a local copy. When I change notes, it sometimes can also take more than a minute to show the content of the note. That is really annoying and slows down my workflow drastically. I hope that will get better soon. I have around 3000 notes and I never had such problems.

Same here...I thought it was just me but slow loading or does not load mac and web.....sometimes note counts out etc...something is broken.....needs a fix asap.

• Level 5

Looking at other threads it seems EN is still working on the backend function of the new syncing. There seems to be a problem with load balancing the many tiny interactions.

Could have been an update, could have been improvements on this.