Task syncing on Win11 desktop not happening?

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

My Tasks pane is headed "Tasks (syncing..." permanently it seems, but no syncing seems to be occurring with tasks that I have completed on my Android EN app not being completed on the Win11 desktop version. 

Is there a way to force the sync tom operate fully? This seems to have got wore over the last couple of weeks...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution

I haven't seen this specifically, but I did have a note that I edited in the Windows desktop program, and the edit wouldn't sync elsewhere. I force-quit the program (File > Quit) with no success, and finally I had to locate a "stuck" EN process in Task Manager and stop it. So, bottom line, restart the program, then the machine till something works. I know it's unlikely, but I've been suspicious that the rollout of the new sync system is somehow straining resources at HQ for those of us who don't yet have it. But of course mine was a local issue, so not that.

Edit: @s2sailor's suggestion below may be best, but you could try a simple logout/login, quit/restart of Evernote, and computer reboot first, as being quicker.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AdmiralP said:

My Tasks pane is headed "Tasks (syncing..." permanently it seems, but no syncing seems to be occurring with tasks that I have completed on my Android EN app not being completed on the Win11 desktop version. 

Is there a way to force the sync tom operate fully? This seems to have got wore over the last couple of weeks...

I had this exact problem on a Mac. Notes were syncing but not tasks. The fix for me was to sign out and then when it asks if you want to save the local database, say no so that it forces a new database download when you sign back in again.

• Like 2

@Dave-in-Decatur and @s2sailor -

Thanks for your response.

I was also wondering id the roll pout of the new sysnc system was affecting things. We may get a better picture after 5th May when its all meant to be in place.

Taking the sign out route seems to have resolved things, but I'll monitor the situation over the next few days to see if I'm impacted.

I appreciate your feedback.

• Like 1