Bring note snippet pane back

Charles Munitz

Idea

In the current update (10.55.2-win-ddl-public (4019)), the option to see the snippet pane at all times is gone.  One can bring it up now by clicking on a tag, but it is not generally available.  I found that having that at all times made things much easier.  Might you be able to return that feature?

4 replies to this idea

10 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I think it's always possible to have the Note List displayed.

There are certain circumstances when the note list is not dispayed. These include:

• Opening a note from a shortcut
  • Opening a note from "Recent notes" in the sidebar
  • Opening a note from the suggested search results before actually running the search
  • Opening a note from the notebooks view  - I didn't think anybody did this but apparently they do!
  • Opening a note from ctrl+Q

If you get a view with no notelist it is not easy to go back to this note with it's position in the folder or Notes shown.

For clarity this is  what I mean by "Notebooks view"

image.thumb.png.f8e9cd20e6386ddc132e8456f2526ee0.png

And this is what I mean by a note with no notelist

image.png.608b20a997feff67936f514e428a5e46.png

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Mike P said:

If you get a view with no notelist it is not easy to go back to this note with it's position in the folder or Notes shown.

There is actually a hack which is to copy the note link to the Windows run command! This opens the note with All Notes in the note list view and the note highlighted. I actually have an AutoHotKey script that does this for me. Also works for notes in their own note window.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Thank you, @Mike P, for your detailed research. I see the same things, and I assume that what we are calling "Note List" may be what @Charles Munitz meant by "the snippet pane." Charles? IAC, my error came from lack of experience, since I don't usually need to have the Note List displayed--but I can certainly see why someone might.

• Like 1