when I logout and login, all my notes are missing

Go to solution Solved by KingTommy,

I've used YinXiang(印象笔记) Notes Windows client with evernote international account for a long time. Because of the synchronization error, I have to logout from the YinXiang client and switch to Evernote Windows Client. Unfortunately, all notes unsynchronized get lost when I login through Evernote client. So, I try again with YinXiang client, but it is blank with nothing left.

And I wonder how to recover all my notes locally.  Anyone can help me out?  😛

• Level 5

YinXiang is a completely independent entity - all links it had with EN in the past have been cuts years ago.

About anything on the Chinese service, you need to contact their support.

I am not aware of any server side account transfer. If YinXiang can export an ENEX file, I assume it can be imported into EN. Do the export with 1 file per notebook - otherwise the notebook information can’t be recovered.

• Like 1
10 小時前, PinkElephant說:

YinXiang is a completely independent entity - all links it had with EN in the past have been cuts years ago.

About anything on the Chinese service, you need to contact their support.

I am not aware of any server side account transfer. If YinXiang can export an ENEX file, I assume it can be imported into EN. Do the export with 1 file per notebook - otherwise the notebook information can’t be recovered.

I've contacted Chinese support, while they suggested me turning to EN group for help for two reasons:

1. YinXiang client intergrates EN through links and it doesn't own or control the functionality indeed.

2. The data hasn't been stored in China as it's EN account.

Now the data are stored locally and neither synchronized to  EN server nor to YinXiang server. I'm sure these notes are complete and never missing. Is there any technical way to recover them? 

1681954126358.png

• Solution
2 小時前, KingTommy說:

I've contacted Chinese support, while they suggested me turning to EN group for help for two reasons:

1. YinXiang client intergrates EN through links and it doesn't own or control the functionality indeed.

2. The data hasn't been stored in China as it's EN account.

Now the data are stored locally and neither synchronized to  EN server nor to YinXiang server. I'm sure these notes are complete and never missing. Is there any technical way to recover them? 

1681954126358.png

The core issue is YinXiang uses different name schema, So the EN database can't be recognized.

You can get out of the trouble to follow below steps:

1. Switch off the internet access

2. Find the location of database files. Generally, it lies in "C:\Users\your username\Yinxiang Biji\Databases" with ".exb" as suffix.

3. Replace the "robin_rhu#app.yinxiang.com.exb" with the EN one.

4. Open YinXiang desktop, Now, all the notes appear again. Export all notes as a ".enex" file.

5. Import the generated ".enex" file and move the unsynchronized files into the correct directory one by one.

• Like 1