While using the app on my laptop recently, Evernote suddenly froze. I shut and relaunched the app and found that the screen was blank and not loading. When I launched it again, it would not allow me to log into the app. Accordingly, I tried logging into the website on the same device. 

I found that all the content on my notes past a certain date (over 3 weeks ago) had disappeared as if it had never been there. I tried downloading a more recent version of the app but the content was gone there as well. I cannot log into the original app even now. I cannot find anything on the notes history

Also, I do not use Evernote across devices- only my laptop.

Any advice on how to restore my missing content?

• Level 5

You are posting in the iOS subforum.

Do you mean by laptop an iPad - or another device ? If yes, running on Windows, or do you mean a Mac ?

Which version of the EN client are you running ?

On which type of plan are you (Free or subscription) ?

@PinkElephant I mean my Macbook. I was using the free plan earlier, but after the crash I bought a subscription so I could check my note history (unsuccessfully). I am now using 10.55.2-mac-ddl-public (4019) 

I'm not sure what I was using earlier as I deleted and reinstalled the app in an attempt to get my data

• Level 5

OK 

Is the note back, now you did the reinstall ?

If not, when you open EN in the browser (open the EN website and log in), is it there ?

What does note history tell ? If everything is OK, fine. Else paste a screenshot of the note history window, where it shows all the versions with the dates.

The note itself never disappeared, but the missing content is not back. It's not on the website either. The issue is across all my notes- which have stopped showing any content after 16th March. I'll share the note history of one of these below

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.05.00 AM.png

• Level 5

It looks as if synchronization with the cloud server stopped on 16-Mar, and started again just now.

I would contact support and if possible not use the client on the Mac meanwhile, to preserve the local database.

Using other clients like iOS or the web should be safe. It can just create some note conflicts after the problem was solved, but I think that’s the smaller issue.

I used the chat option first and was told that my issue was bring escalated to technical support. But other than an email saying they will get to my ticket in a few days, I haven’t heard back.

I filed a few tickets too and got the same automated message there as well.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Aumita said:

I filed a few tickets too and got the same automated message there as well.

Ah - the "are we there yet?" approach.  There's nothing helps a support team more than additional help requests coming in that have to be linked to the original request so the person / persons actually dealing with the issue can get on with their work.  Not. 

Any emails you received would have included a ticket number.  Can you post that number (from the original ticket) here?  We can ask a Forum admin to find out the current situation.

Caveat:  we're mostly users here,  and Evernote just went through a major restructure so even us 'old' users aren't quite sure how anything works now.  We may be able to get you some attention,  but it's not guaranteed!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@Aumita Update: I got an answer. The ticket is with the devs team since the 17th. But they have a queue of issues at hand - so no fixed date when they will tackle your issue. Since it is already 2nd level support, it is sort of hard to tell in advance how long it takes to crunch a nutshell.