Trying to edit a web clip on EN Desktop

I am trying to edit a web clip in Evernote and I can't seem to find an 'edit' button on the desktop version of EN. (Didn't look in IOS version but probably can't find it there either. ) I'm guessing I'm just not finding it.  Where is it?.. Thanks!

• Level 5

Click on the header of the web clip, into the bar where it says WebClip (1).

The web clip box gets a blue outline, and above a little box shows, with icons. Click on the magic wand (2), it will simplify the web clip and make it editable.

This can't be reversed. If you want to keep the web clip as well, duplicate the note before you simplify.

image.thumb.png.0737ee99b773be3ae56282de7bfa90c5.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 minute ago, C Shannon said:

Thank you!..  I wish they'd make that a bit more obvious that that edit capability is staring one in the face. :)  

Yeah, that's one that pretty much everyone has to just stumble across, unfortunately. But it's so cute! It's a magic wand!

On 4/12/2023 at 5:37 PM, PinkElephant said:

This can't be reversed. If you want to keep the web clip as well, duplicate the note before you simplify.

In my experience, it can be reversed with Ctrl+Z Undo. But you can't have both without, as you say, duplicating.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Yea, it’s not very obvious.

But at least it is consistent for all „containerized“ content - that is all under the blue + menu. You always need to select first, creating the blue outline. Then you can pick the action, which will always work on the container as an entity.

After finishing the action, the container is saving back into the note, and the changes are synced when you hit the green checkmark.

• Level 5
54 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:
On 4/12/2023 at 5:37 PM, PinkElephant said:

In my experience, it can be reversed with Ctrl+Z Undo. But you can't have both without, as you say, duplicating.

In order to have both simplified and original content, I suppose a person could:

1. Duplicate the note.
  2. Simplify the clipped content in the duplicated copy.
  3. Merge the simplified note back together with the original note that has the clipped content.