Evernote update issues on a Mac

I recently got an update notice from the app and proceeded to download the update. When I copied it into the apps folder it replaced my old version and I have lost all my notes/books. My mobile version of Evernote still has everything. Is there a way to replace my lost notes on my desktop?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I thought the app internal update was pretty seamless - you say 'yes' to the prompt and the app does all the heavy lifting up to and including opening the new app and displaying your notes.  What device(s) and OS(s) are you working with and exactly how did you attempt the update?  If you have access to a desktop,  have you signed in to Evernote.com via a browser to see if your notes are all there?  All notes are saved to Evernote's servers, so your content should not be 'lost'.

• Level 5

The update is seamless, when initiated from the app. What was described here was a Update done manually from the website instead.

I assume after the update a login was done. In the login the user name was misspelled, leading to the creation of a new account.

Log out of the account, then quit the app. Restart and make sure the user data is typed correctly.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I realised I had downloaded manually and when prompted to replace the app when copying over to my applications folder stupidly said yes as wasn't concentrating. I couldn't login with my old login so also requested a new password which set up a new account as you say. I have logged out and in again and have everything back. Thank you very very much :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1