Inherit Tags

NewHero

Idea

Some of my notes have four or five tags and then I'll create a new note and I want it to have those exact same tags

In the old Evernote, if you had tags set up in your search then any new notes you created in that 'context' would have the same tags. Just like how if you are 'in' a notebook and create a new note, it's obvious you want it to be 'in' that notebook.

I would settle for an option to inherit tags from a previous note

My current workaround is to multi-select notes, and then use the CTRL+ALT+T tag interface

It'll show tags which are on all notes with a tick, and tags which are on some notes with a blue box and a hyphen. So I scroll through and click the hyphens so it applies tags to all notes.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

You could as well duplicate any note, then „Select all“, then press Delete. This will leave an empty note, but keeps all tags.

Click into title, select all & delete again, and you are good to go.

If you need several note shells prepared with the tags, you can create several duplicates.

This will work on all clients.

On desktop you can simply go to the tags row. Select the first tag, hold down shift and click to the right of the last tag button (it will be the add new tag button).

Now all tags are selected. Ctrl/Cmd-C will copy them. Go to the new note, click into the tag row, Ctrl/Cmd-V - now all Tags are inserted there.

• Like 1