v10.54.4 app link is not working

Hello All,

I've seen a similar discussion but it was more for web link and not note link...

When I setup a note link from one note to another - using the app link - the the program seems to want to go there but just refreshes the current note instead of going to the note I linked to.

Note Link Step:

1. I press ALT-CTRL-L and the system copies the link
  2. I move to the new note and put the cursor where I want the link to paste. It doesn't matter if I press CTRL-V or right click and select paste
  3. After pasting, I hover on the note link and click

I've tried several of the things I found in the other discussion to no avail...

TIA

Tony

• Level 5

Not a fix for the problem (I wonder if perhaps your local database has become corrupted; search for solutions in the forums), but a workaround would be to start from the other end. Don't copy the note link. Go to the new note instead, and either press Ctrl+Alt+K or click the blue + button and select Note link. That brings up a dialog in which you can type a couple words from the title of the note you want to link to in order to find and select it, which will insert the link in the new note.

Thanks for the idea Dave, unfortunately that method didn't work either.

Interesting thing, came into work, booted up my laptop, the link I pasted yesterday worked...but only the first time I tried. Every time after that it would not work and trying to add new links would not work either.

BTW, I'm on Windows 10 Pro

EverNote v10.54.4-win-ddl-public (3978)
Editor: v166.1.20643
Service: v1.66.1

I'll have to try this on my personal laptop - also Windows 10 Pro - at home. I didn't get a chance last night.