Is there a solution yet to fuzzy iPhone 14 business card/ doc scans?

I used to love using Evernote and Scannable to scan business cards- now, with my iPhone 14, it's almost impossible.  I understand this is an issue with Evernote not having updated the software to work with the iPhone 14's upgraded cameras- why isn't there a fix yet?

• Level 5

Just tried with an iPhone 14 Plus, both with the build in scanner and with Scannable. To compare I used the iPhones own camera app. In all cases the 1x lens was applied.

There is no malfunction in any of the 3 apps. All of them produce a sharp picture.

The only problem arises when I try to go close enough to catch a business card full screen. Then it becomes blurry- but this is because the focal range of the 1x camera is not sufficient for the closeup. It gets blurry on the iPhones own camera app as well !

The solution is to stay farther away. It may not detect then that the scan is of a business card. But when I take the picture, and then select „Business Card“, the app removes all the extra space around the card (given it is a plain surface with a nice contrast to the card), enlarges the (sharp) picture and extracts the BC card information.

Conclusion: The initial software issue seems resolved - blurryness in closeups now is a physical limitation of the iPhones camera system.