Evernote logs me out and wants to unsync devices

Starting yesterday, Evernote logged out on my iPhone and asked for email snd password. I have never used this or their services (ie logged in through gmail directly). 

After logging in, I am told to unsync a device. The list shows two iPhones and one Mac. I have Evernote on my Mac and my iPhone. Where is the last iPhone coming from?

I have unsynced twice, and am just using up my monthly quota for nothing.. The error keeps popping up, and I still have no access to Evernote on my phone - where I need it the most! 

What to do? If this keeps up I have to find a new program, as Evernote does not even have support any longer.. 

1263CDF6-54CB-4B36-A76A-077F46472687.png

E27975E3-8D29-4B29-9546-8F6141370020.png

815A47DA-8967-4814-B8C1-E2F384579A7E.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, milethe said:

Where is the last iPhone coming from?

Hi.  For some reason it appears Evernote registers your existing iPhone as a new device and has hit you with the dreaded 2-device limit.  Even so it should be possible to unsync one or more devices to get back to normal.  You say you used 2 (ie both) of your monthly allowed unlinks,  so the only choices you have are:

1. upgrade - even if only for one month - to get access to your notes and Support and straighten this out.
  2. Wait the limit out - it will reset in 1 month - and maybe use another free account in the meantime if you have another email address to register with.
  3. Contact Support by signing in as a guest on the normal link,  or via @EvernoteHelps on Twitter

We're mainly other users on the Forums here so have no input on connection issues.  If you haven't already seen it,  this may help explain the current issues...

Understanding the device limit 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue. I unsynced that unknown other iPhone and it logged me out of the iPhone I was using. Repeated this again and now I'm out of unsyncs or something? The main draw for me with Evernote is that I can write notes on my phone and have them accessible on my computer! 

• Level 5

When I go to the first post in this thread, it is obvious there are 2 iPhones involved. One is named the same way as the Mac, the other just iPhone.

In such a case it makes sense to check the access page in account settings as well. It might be there was an „unauthorized access“, which should be taken serious and as a call to restore account security (user issue, like reused or easy to guess passwords, not an EN problem).