Notes Folder Contains Other Folder Data

So, this is a bit difficult to explain, but let me try. 

I just went into my Notes folder, and I found items from various Notebook folders. So, I thought all these items in Notes were duplicates. But, no they weren't because if I delete these items in Notes, it deletes the corresponding items in my Notebook.

I have no clue how this occurred but if it was user error I have no clue how I did this.

Help is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.25c3b9664b3d8812359659092f592779.png

"Notes" is not a real folder - it's just the list of all notes in all notebooks. Sometimes nice to see how many notes you have at all and|or to see all the notes in one list i.e. to sort by creation date or something else...

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, charleyo said:

So, this is a bit difficult to explain, but let me try. 

I just went into my Notes folder, and I found items from various Notebook folders. So, I thought all these items in Notes were duplicates. But, no they weren't because if I delete these items in Notes, it deletes the corresponding items in my Notebook.

I have no clue how this occurred but if it was user error I have no clue how I did this.

Help is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.25c3b9664b3d8812359659092f592779.png

You are confusing the "Notes" Folder with Notebooks; the "Notes" Folder gives you a view of ALL Notes in your EV account, including INBOX you can move any of them to a particular Notebook, but they will still be shown in your "Notes" folder.  Consequently, if you delete any notes either from a Notebook or from your "Notes " folder they will be removed to Trash, from where they can be restores but after you empty the Trash they are gone for good.

• Like 1