Too many devices?

Evernote is claiming my account is being used across too many devices when it is not. I attempted to sign out of the ‘phantom’ device that it claims I am logged into (an unknown iPhone) but when logging back in it has automatically added that same account again. I have now attempted to delete this account from device 3 times to no avail and am now locked out because I’ve surpassed device changes for month.

Any ideas how I rectify this?

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Jason Reid said:

my account is being used across too many devices when it is not

Right or wrong,  Evernote's servers have the final word on this.  If you are locked out,  the only options are to start another temporary account if you have another email address you can use - or to subscribe,  even if only for a month,  while you sort the matter out.  I'll attach some background which may explain the situation better - Understanding the device limit

• Level 5

Unknown iPhones have been reported in the past, with breaches of accounts due to unsafe or reused passwords.

You should check in your account settings if anything is unusual about this 3rd device, and follow these instructions if you think there may have been an unauthorized access or access attempt.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004395487

In general use unique and strong passwords for every account, and enable 2FA wherever possible.