iOS Photo rotation wrong when taking photo in-app

If I take a photo inside the process of editing a note on the iOS Evernote app, I see the following behvaiour:

1. Within note editor, select icon to take photo
  2. switch to Photo mode (from "Auto")
  3. rotate phone so picture orientation is wide/landscape, orientation correctly indicates wide/landscape
  4. change angel of phone to point straight down at paper on desk without rotating it back through vertical
  5. problem: the photo rotation changes back to vertical
  6. take photo
  7. save (return to note)
  8. photo is shown vertical

There seems to be nothing I can do at step 4 to prevent evernote switching the photo back to vertical. I don't see any way once saved in the note to rotate the image either. So, it's impossible to take a wide/landscape photo within Evernote on my iOS App. I instead have to take the photo with the phone app, then add the image.

If I perform the same steps in just the usual iOS camera app, the rotation is correct. The rotation problem only occurs in Evernote.

Why?

Thanks,
Roger.

• Level 5

When the movement sensors of the phone take over, they override whatever was selected before, and try to optimize the picture from the new orientation. The logic of the photos app (which is not optimized for scanning) is different from a picture function build into an app mainly for scanning things.

Take the picture, correct the perspective afterwards before you close the camera function.

Or take the picture with the photos app (which BTW will create a better overall picture as well), and bring it into the note by attaching it.