Task View - Mac

Hello

Been a user since 2008. Obviously not a regular poster to the forum. I used to participate years ago but the forum has been revamped since that time, I guess.

So very happy to see the task features and the recurring tasks options. This has been a long time coming. Thank you Evernote!

I use Evernote on my Mac. There is one issue that I am having. If this has been covered or if this is not in the correct location, please let me know.

The only way that I can view all of my tasks is either on the Home Screen or to select tasks from the sidebar based upon my understanding. The little pop out window to view my tasks is nice, but would really like to be able to view my tasks in a full window. Is there a way to do this that I might be missing? If I view on the Home Screen, I do not see a way to sort by date as on the pop out window. Correct?

These are just two issues that I am having and is really an inconvenience for me. I just like seeing my tasks in full view. Perhaps I am by myself on this one.

• Ex Employees
On 1/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, david_norcross said:

The little pop out window to view my tasks is nice, but would really like to be able to view my tasks in a full window.

The tasks team is going to be visiting this soon. We're thinking of how to improve the Tasks view and we understand that the smaller window pane is not ideal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees

@Roger F right now the Tasks Home widget uses the same sorting algorithm as the My Tasks tab in the Task pane. We have previously discussed adding a separate sort option for the widget. I will bring it up again to my PM and team.

• Ex Employees

@Roger F Just to be clear, if you open the "My Tasks" tab and change the sorting there, it will be reflected in the widget as well. If that wasn't clear, do you think it would be helpful to include the same sorting options in the widget as well? Or are you wanting additional sorting options in the widget that are not currently available in "My Tasks", such as by note?