Manual Sync on iPhone hangs

I use an iPhone 14 Pro Max with IOS 16.1.2.

Due to EN sync issues which I am sure we are all aware of, I do a manual sync on my iPhone followed by terminating the app which seems to overcome most of my syncing issues.

The issue here is that 1 out of 5 times -ish, the sync hangs.  When this happens, some of the time (not always), the app stops responding altogether and I have to force close.  This usually results in lost data.  Super frustrating.

I could not find any reports in this forum concerning manual sync's on iPhone causing EN to hang.  Anyone else experience this?

• Level 5

I had something similar on our old iPad Air 2 from 2014, technically able to run EN v10. But it is slow, only usable for retrieval. There we had on 2 occasions a lock up of the app. To solve it wen needed to uninstall the app, restart the iPad and reinstall.

Here is advise on how to avoid data loss on iOS syncing problems:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/217930798

We use Apple Notes to park content we copied off a locked note in EN. It is able to handle most content formats that are stored in EN as well.

@PinkElephant, thanks for the reply.  It seems if EN is left open on iPhone it becomes unstable (hangs during manual sync) and the only way to get it back in working order is to terminate and relaunch.  To add more information, this "unstable state" also can render the app unresponsive.  For example, after editing a note, the green checkbox is not responsive.  Or the menu, stops responding.  It seems the app state gets confused if left open.  I am still wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?  Guess I'll have to wait and see if any other respondents see this thread.  BTW: Uninstall/re-install did not solve this problem.

• Level 5

If uninstalling does not solve an issue, restart the device before you reinstall. This should clean out the device memory.

More IT-wise forum members have proposed the Terminus Technicus of a „race condition“ to describe what happens when a mobile client stalls.

That there IS an issue can be derived from the fact that the help document I have linked exists . EN would not have created that help text if they couldn’t reproduce the issue, or could have solved it by updating.

Any further information needs to be gained by contacting support.