Distribute Columns and Rows Evenly in Tables

Mark Turner

Idea

A feature, similar to tables in Word, that will allow resized columns or rows to be distributed evenly.

As an example, a 4 column table with the first column being labels (larger width).  Want to be able to make columns 2-4 equal width using the 'distribute columns'

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I don't disagree that this would be a nice-to-have,  and is undoubtedly something you'd find great use for - but given that Word has probably over a thousand features to do with layout and text management,  how many of those should Evernote include?  I don't use tables that much so this is not of interest for me.  But if Evernote satisfies everyone's requests for word processing,  you'll have a much more top-heavy menu structure with slower syncing and loading.  There's an easy fix - in this case create your table in Word and copy/ paste it across;  for any form of detailed layout in any document - do it in Word (or your WP of choice) and attach the file to your note.  Copy and paste the content into the note too if you need instant access,  but do your editing in Word as the parent copy.

• Like 1

But Evernote has that function - or maybe I have misunderstood the request?

You highlight the whole table - or just the colums you want to distribute - and then open a menu by clicking the small arrow and choose "distribute columns evenly"  ...or whatever it says in English? My UI is in Danish 😉 

image3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Correct.  It does seem to have it!  I think my issue was being used to MS Word's UI and right-clicking the cells expecting to see the option, rather than left-clicking the resulting drop down menu (i.e., the arrow).  Thanks for helping me out!

• Like 1