Versions of Evernote - not sure which to use or how to tell what I have

I thought I only had 2 devices set up (free account).  Today I looked at devices and it tells me I have 3 - 2 for the same device (laptop), but one is Evernote for Mac and the other is Evernote Web (I also have Evernote Android for my phone).  I wasn't sure what I should delete because it indicated that I had used both of them today (Mac & Web).  How is that possible?  I tried downloading the Mac app again in an effort to try to figure out which is the one I should be using, so now I have 4 devices.  I had lost my phone for 2 days, but I have it back, but it didn't appear to be updated.  Will all versions of the Mac app have my current data?  I can't look because, I'm on the free version and am being forced to delete 2 of them.  HELP!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Any device which connects to your Evernote account is identified by the company - mostly accurately.  Occasionally one device will register as more than one instance because of changes in software,  access point,  or network.  As a free user you are allowed to have a maximum of two registered devices (as recorded by Evernote).  Access through a browser also counts as a device.  If you still have the opportunity you need to disconnect all devices except the one you are currently using.  See below for more...

Understanding the device limit