Evernote windows not working with specific account (fails to load)

I have two evernote accounts, whereas one works fine with the evernote windows version and I can log into the app just fine. But when I login through the other account, the evernote just keeps loading until it eventually fails to do so. I get the option to press "try again" but it doesn't work no matter how many times I try. Why is one of my accounts not able to login through windows version of the app? I downloaded the evernote app through the evernote.com page, not through the windows store. Both accounts work fine on evernote legacy version. Also, the evernote app through the windows store works but I have a note duplication problem there where notes will randomly start creating duplicates every couple minutes.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Does the failing account work if you log into it directly,  or if you sign into the web page?  When you "login through the other account" exactly what links are you following to get to the sign-in page?

• Like 1

Hi. Yes, the failing account works if I login directly through the web page. I did not understand your second question with "login through the other account" option. I just use my e-mail to login, no third party apps.

• Level 5*
On 11/7/2022 at 1:09 AM, Talamus said:

I have two evernote accounts, whereas one works fine with the evernote windows version and I can log into the app just fine. But when I login through the other account, the evernote just keeps loading until it eventually fails to do so.

I didn't understand that comment either,  which is why I was asking.  In my account I need to click on the profile picture to get this pop-up and then enter my details to open a second account.  Is that what you're doing?

Screenshot 2022-11-08 104855.png

I'm not adding an account, no. I installed evernote for the first time since I reformatted my windows and it didn't login at all with one of my accounts. So when I tried the other one it did work. Just from the evernote home screen on the app.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:09 PM, Talamus said:

Why is one of my accounts not able to login through windows version of the app?

Just guessing... but are you a freemium user limited to running Evernote on just two devices/platforms per account and you've reached that limit for your one account that won't work on? (If you sign into Evernote on Desktop and Web on one device, that counts as two devices)

If you reformatted your machine, then Evernote is probably going to think that is a different device.

• Like 1