Right click select word

Exivus

Idea

Devs - thank you for continuing to work on the product.

I don't know if this affects other platforms, but it would be nice to have the right-click on word behavior be mirrored as it is throughout the rest of the OS.

This is for Mac. It might be an issue in other platforms, but I believe my Windows PC emits this some issue.

For instance, if you have a misspelled word, you typically right-click on it without having to select the entire word, and the word is automatically selected for you so that when you choose the correct spelling from the contextual menu, it applies smoothly. Right now, you have to select the word, then right-click on it.

Thanks, again. Sorry if this is a widely-known issue already.

2 replies to this idea

39 minutes ago, Exivus said:

For instance, if you have a misspelled word, you typically right-click on it without having to select the entire word, and the word is automatically selected for you so that when you choose the correct spelling from the contextual menu,

That's how it works for me in V10 on windows 10. No need to select the whole word, just right click somewhere within it.

It works fine for me too in V10 on a Mac: 10.47.7-mac-ddl-public (3730)

I just right-click on the misspelled word with red squiggly, it auto-selects the entire word and pops up suggested correct words at the same time. I select one of those and it replaces the misspelled word.

• Like 1