Some one has hacked my account but not getting any help to solve the issue

Someone has hacked into my evernote account eventhough I have put two factor authentication and have changed my password multiple times , I know this because whenever I am asking to send the verification code , it is propping up a weird text message with the code that doesnt look like it is from evernote .... Can I please get any guidance on who I should contact because this is very very urgent for me. I have a  professional subscription and dont know who else to contact to reset my account because my whole life is in Evernote

• Level 5

You have any other proof that the account got hacked than „text messages that do not look as if from EN“ ? Have you tried to log into your account using these codes ?

Any other signs your computer may be compromised ? Antivirus software may detect it, but modern malware knows how to avoid them. You can restart your computer in secure / protected mode. If you don‘t know how, google for it. Or use another device to get at your account.

Nothing can happen if you try on a „clean“ computer, open a browser in private mode, go to Evernote.com and choose „Log In“. The code is just a number , it can‘t follow you through an access. What can happen is that access fails - but then you know the codes are illegit.

DON‘T use any link provided with the codes, either in the same message or in an accompanying email. Only open your account typing the Evernote.com URL in yourself, not by any link provided to you.

You can get at your account as well using the emergency codes you received when you have set up 2FA.

You can reach support through another device where you haven’t logged out (on mobile: app settings, support, contact support). You can as well check there if your account was really compromised. Look at the „Devices“ page - any device there unknown to you ?

Once you are at your account, for security change the password to one that is unique and strong. Never use the same password for different accounts.

When the codes don‘t work, you may have been victim of SIM scamming. This means somebody managed to get another SIM card for your phone account. Usually the address is engineered as well, to avoid you receive letters confirming the changes. Contact your phone provider to learn if there have been changes made to your phone account. In this case the phone number needs to be locked up immediately to prevent further damage. 

For the future: If on Professional, it is way better to set up 2FA with an Authenticator app, that produces the codes on a device instead of text messaging. EN advises to use Google Authenticator, but every app that produces one-time cipher codes will actually do. I use Authy, as an independent solution that works across platforms.