Using Hazel to copy a file to Evernote

I have been a Hazel user for many years, primarily to copy files from a specific folder on my Mac to Evernote. I set these scripts a very long time ago (2011 or so). Definitely a case of set and forget.

I drifted away from it a couple of years ago but have recently bought a new Mac and have upgraded to the latest version of Hazel (5.1.4) and Evernote (10.42.7-mac-mas-public (459255) Editor: v154.0.18759 Service: v1.56.1)

I have been trying to recreate my old actions but the AppleScript does not compile. 

The script is based on this - seems to get hung up on note..

tell application “Evernote”
activate
create note from file theFile notebook {“Inbox”} tags {“scan”}
end tell

I have a huge amount of scanning and archiving to do and am desperate for a solution. Any help appreciated...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can’t use tools like Hazel that depend on Apple Script with the new EN version. It does not support scripting.

2 options here:

1) Set up a new folder on the Mac. Then go to EN app settings and define it as Import Folder. Whatever file you drop on it will automatically be imported into EN. The file name becomes the note title, the file is attached.

You can create more than one Import Folder - each one connected to a different notebook. No tagging included. Don’t drop hundreds of files in one go, make it batches of say 10. Wait for the new notes to appear before you drop the next ones.

2) Get and install the legacy client. It can be installed side by side with v10. To avoid duplication open one or the other. It should still support your Hazel script.

How long legacy will be around nobody knows. I have completely switched to Import Folders.