No content showing: White screen (but content showing when clicking on the white)

Hey,

I hope I can be helped somehow. 
I have had Evernote since 2014 and used it for my studies. 
Now when I click on a notebook, where there are more than 20 notes, they do not show up on the screen as usually. But when I click on the black they pop up, they are still there,  but not visible with words on the screen. 

Does anyone know why or can help me to change settings so I can see my notes again ?? 

Best to you all 

Skærmbillede 2022-10-07 kl. 10.46.51.png

• Level 5

Maybe you have a corruption of the local database. You could try this to dump the local data, and load a fresh copy from the server:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.

@Laurafa I don't know if you were aware, but that screenshot shows that you are using an older version of Evernote. One thing you could try is moving to the new version by downloading it here: https://evernote.com/download. You can run the old and the new version side-by-side (just be sure to not try and edit the same note in the old and new programs at the same time). All the notes that you have in the old version should show in the new version as long as they are not in an only "local notebook".

If you do want to try this, be aware that the new version doesn't have all the same features as the old version. (There are some missing features as well as some new features that the old version doesn't have.)