Templates Directory Missing?

Using Evernote latest version downloaded from EN site on a MAC I seem to no longer have a templates directory when creating a new note. See attached.

On web version I see :

SUGGESTED TEMPLATES

₽ To-do list Reading list @ Daily reflection ? Add more
• Open Gallery

MAC  version:

SUGGESTED TEMPLATES

To-do list © Reading list ©. Add more

= NO OPEN GALLERY

Has something changed?  Tried everything.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 04.42.11.png

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

What happens if you type something and apply a header text style to it ? Then delete it to have an empty note again.

Does the gallery appear now ?

Tried that and same result no template gallery. I have to admit this is the ONE Major concern I have about current EN. If things are to be changed or even worse removed LET US KNOW- else you spend time and effort developing a working process within evernote to then have it made inoperable- same thing happened with old version.

Look forward to response from evernote support.

• Evernote Expert
16 minutes ago, RobertJLee said:

Tried that and same result no template gallery. I have to admit this is the ONE Major concern I have about current EN. If things are to be changed or even worse removed LET US KNOW- else you spend time and effort developing a working process within evernote to then have it made inoperable- same thing happened with old version.

Look forward to response from evernote support.

To be sure of an Evernote response you'll need to open a support ticket. Sorry.

That said, I don't think that this Template issue is intentionally removed nor intentionally inoperable.

It isn't a universal issue so unless you report it, it may not come onto the Evernote radar. Hope you're able to get help you require.

• Evernote Expert

Interestingly, your display is subtly different to @PinkElephant and mine...

You have a set of options: To-do list | Reading list | Add more

We have just:  To-do list | Add more

image.png.94f99a2aeca9f176bced2a3a5f6dbdeb.png

You could try and see if removing one of the options reveals the Gallery option once more. Click Add more and deselect one of the selected options. The close the new note and start again.  You may still have to create and then remove a headline in the note text to reveal the Gallery. That just seems to be the work around that some folk have found useful.

I'd still encourage you to open a support ticket even if you find a work around.

2 hours ago, agsteele said:

You could try and see if removing one of the options reveals the Gallery option once more. Click Add more and deselect one of the selected options. The close the new note and start again.  You may still have to create and then remove a headline in the note text to reveal the Gallery. That just seems to be the work around that some folk have found useful.

Did not work- the ability to save a note as template also seems to have gone.Ticket and log file with EN support. 

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 20.58.03.png

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 21.00.43.png

• Level 5

@agsteele Which icons show depends on which you have installed to show. If I remember it correctly, it even depends on the client you use - it is not a global setting which ones show.

The downside is that you can only show standard templates, not your own.

To the threads issue: Yes, our possibilities as users seem exhausted, and a support ticket is the way to proceed.