Hide sidebar on iPad app

Hello. I use Evernote a lot for speaking/ presentations, and I like to have a setup with very minimal distractions. For some reason, a new update of Evernote on iPad has placed a permanent sidebar on the left side of the screen that I am unable to hide and which was never there before. This may seem small, but it creates clutter and is distracting when I’m trying to use Evernote for speaking / presentations. 

Does anyone know how to hide this sidebar?

67B9B97D-2D63-4B11-9A9A-C3337CE0453B.jpeg

• Thanks 1
On 9/6/2022 at 6:30 AM, Maximus 208 said:

Hello. I use Evernote a lot for speaking/ presentations, and I like to have a setup with very minimal distractions. For some reason, a new update of Evernote on iPad has placed a permanent sidebar on the left side of the screen that I am unable to hide and which was never there before. This may seem small, but it creates clutter and is distracting when I’m trying to use Evernote for speaking / presentations. 

Does anyone know how to hide this sidebar?

67B9B97D-2D63-4B11-9A9A-C3337CE0453B.jpeg

Same question! It’s not so obtrusive when collapsed, but every time I leave the app and return it’s back to taking up major real estate and I have to collapse it before I resume working. It’s such a waste of space in the work environment where there’s a limited amount of screen space. This should be optional—or at least  be able to remember its last state.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I would LOVE Evernote to make this optional. They FINALLY gave us the options to disable strickethrough on checklist items when checked, and make Youtube links as text!!! The best update in years!!! The sidebar is a complete duplication of the home page and serves no real purpose in that there are already multiple ways to do the same things. We just need a way back to the home page from anywhere. I'm happy to see that Evernote offers new features but users should be able to select which ones they want to use. 

• Level 5

The side bar is no duplication of the home page (else the home page wouldn’t make any sense), and obviously it is helpful to navigate your account.

If collapsing it by default should be an option is IMHO such a nuisance issue that shedding words about it looks like a waste.

Which is why I stop here and now.