Web app on Firefox for Linux consumes a lot of CPU

I am using the web app on Firefox 103 on Ubuntu 22.04.

I was editing a note and left the web page open while I was checking something in my notebook when I noticed that my CPU fan had kicked on high. I opened the Firefox Task Manager and noticed the Evernote tab was sitting stably at 110% usage of a core. In the developer tools I took a performance snapshot and it looks like the runtime garbage collector was running for long periods despite the page just sitting with no interaction from the user.

I couldn't debug any more than this, but this much CPU usage from a WYSIWYG editor on a webpage seems pretty unacceptable. Happy to take a performance capture or something if you don't have this particular environment available or can't recreate it.

• Level 5*

Hi.   To quote Evernote - 

Evernote for Linux is currently in private beta. To get early access to Evernote features and test new functionality, learn how to join the Early Access Program at evernote.com/earlyaccess 

- I'm one of the current testers and ironically I've used Evernote Web (in Chrome) from time to time because the installed app uses a lot of resources.

If you can get access to EN Linux I'd recommend you try that - otherwise as above - contact Support.