TURN OFF link renaming

sadfasdfsdf

Idea

Hello.
How do I TURN OFF or DISABLE or DESELECET the auto-renaming of URLs when being pasted into a note?

1. By default, I want to past the original URL every single time, like this: https://store.nytimes.com/collections/personalized
  2. I never, ever want to paste some automatically renamed version of it: Personalized and Unique Gifts – The New York Times Store (nytimes.com)

Is this URL renaming happening from within Evernote? It seems to be the case. It's not useful to me. The full URL contains INFORMATION that I need to visually scan for.  If this is in fact happening in Evernote, I can't find the setting for it. Can someone help?

Thank you.
--------------

EDIT: For anyone dealing with this, I just found that this is a likely coming from a setting in MS Edge (which I don't normally use) and probably not in Evernote. In edge, go to 
edge://settings/sharecopypaste and select "plain text". Dear MS: dumbed-down things are not better. Thank you.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5
7 hours ago, sadfasdfsdf said:

Hello.
How do I TURN OFF or DISABLE or DESELECET the auto-renaming of URLs when being pasted into a note?

1. By default, I want to past the original URL every single time, like this: https://store.nytimes.com/collections/personalized
  2. I never, ever want to paste some automatically renamed version of it: Personalized and Unique Gifts – The New York Times Store (nytimes.com)

Is this URL renaming happening from within Evernote? It seems to be the case. It's not useful to me. The full URL contains INFORMATION that I need to visually scan for.  If this is in fact happening in Evernote, I can't find the setting for it. Can someone help?

Thank you.
--------------

EDIT: For anyone dealing with this, I just found that this is a likely coming from a setting in MS Edge (which I don't normally use) and probably not in Evernote. In edge, go to 
edge://settings/sharecopypaste and select "plain text". Dear MS: dumbed-down things are not better. Thank you.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Yes, I've observed this, and been annoyed by it, too. I only use Edge because I haven't gotten around to installing the browser I want. But this happens in the Evernote Windows app too, and I'm not sure that a setting in Edge can affect that. There is no setting in the app to turn it off, but Ctrl+Shift+V will reliably paste the URL as is.