Here's an odd one: EVERNOTE calendar; now all-day events additionally showing the day before due.

Hi - I'm going to raise a support ticket and link this thread; I wanted to find out if anyone else is seeing this, or maybe has a solution

• I have two Google calendars linked to my account. Now "all of a sudden" ...
  • All-day events are showing on the day before they are due, as well on the day itself.
  • I unsubscribed from both calendars, cleared all the caches etc, but the bug persists across all my devices.

Anybody else seeing this? It's making the calendar widget pretty unusable at the moment ...

TIA!

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

This was an issue in the past which was resolved. I can see that this is an issue again. I probably hadn't noticed because I very rarely have all-day events.

Please raise a support ticket.

• Like 2

I have been seeing this issue ever since the release of Evernote Calendar...but now it seems there is a new twist.

When we are in Standard Time, all-day events happening in Daylight Saving Time would appear on the correct date AND the day following day. For example, Easter would appear on Sunday AND Monday.

When we are in Daylight Savong Time, all-day events happening in Standard Time would appear on the correct day AND the previous day. For example, Christmas would appear on December 25th AND 24th. 

According to feedback I received from support, the error was to be corrected inan upcoming release. 

The new issue is that ALL all-day events are appearing on the correct day and a day early. The problem started Saturday morning (July 30). I happened to be working on a project that invovled taking a screen shot of my Evernote Calendar. One screen shot looked fine. A second screenshot I took later that morning was now also showing "Church" as an event for Saturday. I did report the issue. The initial feedback I received from one tech support person was she was not able to reproduce the error.

From what I am reading here, it's not just me.

• Like 1
On 7/30/2022 at 9:58 AM, agsteele said:

This was an issue in the past which was resolved. I can see that this is an issue again. I probably hadn't noticed because I very rarely have all-day events.

Please raise a support ticket.

I don't think it was ever resolved at all. Most people didn't notice because it had to do with the time change. For example, as we approached Daylight Savng Time, we would start to see all-day events a couple of weeks out appear on the correct day AND the following day. As soon as Daylight Saving TIme began, the probably appeared to go away...but it didn't. The problem merely shifted to events in Standard Time appearing on the correct day AND a day early. Since those were now months out, there were less likely to be noticed...until we approached the next time change. 

Support just informed me (thank you!) this is fixed in 10.42. Update hasn't rolled out here yet, but I'll give it some robust attention when it does. @DrFrankBuckwe have British Summer Time in the UK which also seems to cause no end of difficulties, especially when dates and times are being pulled from one system into another.

I just got an email from support and downloaded this latest release. 

All looks good on Windows. However, Evernote Web and the Andoid app stil display the same issue for me.

I am sure the issue has to do with the all-day event (12PM to 12PM) "spilling over" by an hour one way or the other with the time change and causing the events to show up on two different days

I had suggested to tech support some time back that perhpas there might be a way for Evernote Calendar to see those times as 1AM to 11PM so that a one-hour shift would still keep the event within the same day no matter where in the world someone was (since different parts of the world enter and leave DST on different days, and some places don't oberve DST at all).