Tell us which version of Evernote you are asking us if we want to download

When there is a new version of Evernote available, I get a pop up window asking if I want to download it. But it doesn't say what version it is. This seems like a simple thing but is very inconvenient if it is not there. I have to go scrawling through the Evernote website to work out which version of Evernote is being offered to me. 
The reason this matters to me is that knowing which version is being offered to me makes a big difference as to whether or not I do want to download it. Compare for example:

1. upgrading from 10.38 to 10.39 
  2. upgrading from 10.38 to 11.0
  3. upgrading from 10.38 to 11.1

I would be much more cautious about upgrading to 11.0 when there are likely to be teething problems to such a big upgrade as opposed to 11.1 when there has been some ironing out of those teething problems. 

So, please can you tell me in the pop up window, which version of Evernote you are asking me to upgrade to. 
Thank you.

• Level 5*

With your permission I'll move this to a feature request forum so others can vote to show their support.  I already gave feedback to Evernote on this point,  though I did so from a slightly different direction - I wanted some release notes in the pop-up window so I could tell whether this was a 'minor update',  or a 'sync with Google Calendar' version.  The current "wanna take pot luck with an update" version tends to annoy me...  ;)

• Level 5

Personally I don’t think blowing the download page up is a good idea.

You always get the latest version on the official website. The installer usually shows the version number.

Whether you decide to execute it and run the install is up to you - if necessary disable any automatic install.

For older versions you can use sites like Filehippo. Or don’t erase the installer after execution, save them case you want to go back.

• Level 5*

Not looking for anything major - just that the update pop-up which currently says "A new version of Evernote is available" could say: "Version 10.85 is now available: minor bugfixes." as a guide to whether it's worth spending time to do the update now,  or whether it should be put off until later...

• Like 1