(Archived) Scanning a lot of notes

dea8

Idea

I am trying to find a way to scan 2 semesters worth of notes so that I can add them to Evernote. I have a very slow scanner so I was wondering if there is any business (online, kinko's, etc) that has a high volume scanner that would be cost effective. I checked the kinkos near my house and their scanner/computer is EXTREMELY slow. Any help is much appreciated!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5
I am trying to find a way to scan 2 semesters worth of notes so that I can add them to Evernote. I have a very slow scanner so I was wondering if there is any business (online, kinko's, etc) that has a high volume scanner that would be cost effective. I checked the kinkos near my house and their scanner/computer is EXTREMELY slow. Any help is much appreciated!

Yes, there are many of these services. I came across a stash of 250 35mm color slides from years ago. They even removed some of the scratches, blemishes, and improved the faded colors. They only charged for the conversions I approved. The cost was very reasonable. Only drawback was the amount of time required. All of the slides and the approved digitized images were returned to me.

These types of companies can do paper scanning as well. Just google for Scan to Digital services and you will find a lot of services available.

Also may be cost effective to just buy a faster scanner. Of course, if you have a really, really old, slow computer, that wouldn't help much. Using jbenson's example, a few years back, I scanned thousands (literally) of slides from my husband's father, grandfather & uncle. I opted to buy a scanner that can do photos as well as film (not film only) & it was worth it to me. Then a couple years later, when I started going as paperless as possible, a fast scanner with an automatic document feeder was added to the arsenal. Both were worthwhile investments, IMO & both are still used regularly. (But the fast/adf scanner probably gets used every day for all kinds of things while the photo/film scanner is reserved for those type of items.)

Archived