Export of notes to ENEX file

For various reasons I need to export a small number of notes to Apple notes.

I ve done this before with no issue but now when I do so all the notes created when the enex file is imported have the same title "New note"

Has something changed?

11 hours ago, RobertJLee said:

For various reasons I need to export a small number of notes to Apple notes.

I ve done this before with no issue but now when I do so all the notes created when the enex file is imported have the same title "New note"

Has something changed?

If you open the enex file in a text editor you can check that the title field is correct. It will look something like:

image.png.fba8df62e677434437c2cdce52f30071.png

If that is correct then it almost certainly an import rather than export problem. I suppose you could try exporting from legacy to see what happens there.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:20 AM, Mike P said:

If you open the enex file in a text editor you can check that the title field is correct. It will look something like:

image.png.fba8df62e677434437c2cdce52f30071.png

If that is correct then it almost certainly an import rather than export problem. I suppose you could try exporting from legacy to see what happens there.

Thanks - It appears to be an apple OS issue. a single note will import with correct title tags etc. Multiple notes will not. Tried legacy EN same result. I only need around twenty notes exporting so once they were exported I manually changed the titles.  Looks like the days of people jumping to Apple notes from EN are over.

• Level 5

To check on this (I don’t use Apple Notes) I created a ENEX file on my Mac Monterey 12.5 in EN 10.41.5 with 5 random notes. I imported them by dragging the file from the desktop on top of the Apple Notes icon in the Dock.

All 5 imported just fine, with attachments and all - including the correct 5 notes titles.

Just my experience …

• 3 weeks later...

SOLVED- I'm running macOS Ventura Version 13.0 Beta (22A5321d) - I suspect Apple notes Mac does not play well with EN.

I exported required notes then used Notes on iPad to import- all good tittles there etc.