I don't fully understand your post, particularly the comment about deleting it and "Research continues to give me this rating". The syntax is:

todo:[true|false|*] - if the argument is "true", this will match notes that have ToDo checkboxes that are currently checked. If the argument is "false", this will match notes that have ToDo checkboxes that are not currently checked. If the argument is "*", this will match notes that have a ToDo checkbox of any type.

• -todo:false todo:true
    • Matches notes that have completed ToDo items, but no uncompleted items.

From https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

So todo:false finds notes that contain at least one checkbox which is not currently checked.

Thank you for your answer.

The search gives me a false result.
It continues to identify a note that contained, but no longer contains any checkbox.

This seems to happen when I destroy a checkbox without checking it.

(Windows10)

33 minutes ago, dominguez said:

This seems to happen when I destroy a checkbox without checking it.

Does the same thing happen on the web version? If not you might just need to refresh the database. Logout (file -> dign out) and choose "Remove my Evernote data from this device". Then log back in. It will take a while for your data to be downloaded but you can continue to use EN while it does.

• Like 1

I did a try on a new note, actually no problem by this method.
So I’ll take your advice to reset the data locally.

And I’m thinking about switching to the web version, anyway, that’s the future...
Thank you so much for your help.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

This is happening to me as well.  On both my Mac client and Web client, I can search for "todo:true" but not "todo:false".  The only exception is that "todo-false" will find the unchecked checkboxes in the downloaded template files.

35 minutes ago, B Higgs said:

This is happening to me as well.  On both my Mac client and Web client, I can search for "todo:true" but not "todo:false".  The only exception is that "todo-false" will find the unchecked checkboxes in the downloaded template files.

Have you tried the equivalent in the filter menu?

image.png.b67d609ea14652575649237f488783c1.png

For me this gives the same number of results as todo:false and a quick scan suggests that they are the same notes.

27 minutes ago, B Higgs said:

That provides the same results as "Todo:false" meaning it only detects unchecked boxes in official Evernote templates, not in notes that I create.

I'm getting strange and inconsistent results for new notes. From memory the Todo: syntax and the filter used to pick up both the new V10 checklists and the original check boxes. I wonder if that has changed.

• 2 months later...