Note different (wrong) on Windows 10 client only

I started using EN a few days ago and love it so far. I just paid for the personal subscription.

However I'm getting worried about reliability.

A few days ago I created a note with a screen clipping and a title; nothing else.

On the web and iOS clients, I see the screen clipping.

On the Windows client I see only the title. However in the thumbnail for the note, I see the clipping.

In the windows client I clicked the "duplicate note" and in the duplicate, the clipping is there normally.

I have tried exiting EN (in fact resetting the PC given all the sub-processes that run for EN) and no change.

My two concerns/questions:

1) if I started editing the empty looking note on the PC, what would get synced? Would I lose the picture? Would it corrupt the cloud-based database somehow?

2) If the master database ever gets corrupted, is there a way to roll back?

Thanks.

• Level 5

Hi, @SandShoe, and welcome to the forums, and to Evernote. I had something very similar happen to me, also with a note that had a Web clipping. At Evernote support's advice, I copied the content of the note into a brand-new note, which then worked just fine. It was always a display issue, never a matter of content actually being lost (since I could also see the note content in the thumbnail, and in note history), but very unnerving (and also extremely rare). Since you have a Personal subscription, you have access to Evernote support: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. I would suggest contacting them. There may be other reports of this coming in to them, and if they collect enough information they may be able to track down the problem. FWIW, here is my forum thread about the problem and how it got resolved:

• Like 1