I am on a Professional subscription and lost the audio from today's meeting. I know I have not gone mad because I played it after the meeting and listened to some of it. Now I open the file and there is no .m4a. It is just an empty file with the title Audio. Is there anyway of recovering this? History does not show anything at all. I am on version 10.34.1 (1123458). It was an important meeting. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're not Evernote support,  so can't access technical data - I'd suggest you contact Support directly,  meantime don't do anything with the device you were using - but do sign in to your account via a browser at Evernote.com to see what (if anything) is recorded there,  plus -just in case- start noting what you can remember of the meeting so that you have some records of what went on.

• Level 5

This help document tells all there is to know about audio recordings:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418

When on professional, the problem that EN saves audio directly to the note should not apply - but if it was a long meeting, there is still a chance the recording got lost when it outgrew the limit for a single note (which is 200MB).

You say you opened the audio after the meeting - then it should have saved as well.

But it may be it was still on the device, and had not yet synced to the server. So try to open it on the same device you used for the recording. In general you need to keep the app open and active to make sure large notes will sync - iOS is pretty radical in cutting background apps off (to save battery charge).

A note not synced will show an empty note history - to build note history a successful sync must happen first.

When you contact support, do it from the same device where you recorded, and attach the activity log (it should be ON by default, then just don't toggle it off).

Personally I don't use the EN audio recording feature. I always prefer a recording that saves on device first - I can upload it later.

I use on iOS and Mac the app JustPressRecord. It has the ability to transcribe the audio automatically, which can be a big time saver.

22 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

This help document tells all there is to know about audio recordings:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418

When on professional, the problem that EN saves audio directly to the note should not apply - but if it was a long meeting, there is still a chance the recording got lost when it outgrew the limit for a single note (which is 200MB).

You say you opened the audio after the meeting - then it should have saved as well.

Thanks for replying PinkElephant. I am aware of all of the things you have mentioned.

I am definitely certain that this is a bug. The recording is 10.1MB I looked at the logs but will only include relevant part here:

==============================
Build: Release
Client Version: 10.34.1 (1123458)
Conduit Version: 1.53.0
Editor Version: 147.0.18080
Locale: en    System Locale: en-GB  (for Editor: en-GB)  (for moment: en-gb)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2022
Username: <REDACTED>
Service Level: PROFESSIONAL
Accounts Signed In: 1
Device Tier: 1
<REDACTED
Default Notebook: <REDACTED>
Has Default Task Note: true
Tasks: 144, Completed: 67
Calendar Accounts: 1, Connected: 1
Hardware/OS Version: iPhone14,4/iOS (15.5)
<REDACTED>
==============================

[Wed Jul 06 2022 12:57:50:0788]  INFO: neutron:  CEC event sent: {"category":"note-element-attachment","action":"save-audio-recording","label":"note>toolbar>insert-menu>complete"} [native code]
[Wed Jul 06 2022 12:57:51:0421]  INFO: neutron:  Added attachment: {6e57b181-2e22-6962-2970-d2dc5bb2d01c} (831e430aa5e60ddd6cf9dba0b43e9e93): audio/m4a 10.1 MB 07.06.2022_1237pm.m4a [af2240b3-bdfd-4b3b-076e-90dfa8ac4e02]: Audio [native code]
[Wed Jul 06 2022 12:57:51:0428]  INFO: neutron:  Note editor content changed: [af2240b3-bdfd-4b3b-076e-90dfa8ac4e02]: Audio [native code]
[Wed Jul 06 2022 12:57:51:0548]  INFO: neutron:  Attachment succeeded [native code]

As you can see, it was attached successfully. Is there anyway to get in touch with the devs? This is quite worrying.

I am trying to simplify my life and someone recommended Evernote. I have had quite a few issues but this audio file that I lost is quite important.

50 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  We're not Evernote support,  so can't access technical data - I'd suggest you contact Support directly,  meantime don't do anything with the device you were using - but do sign in to your account via a browser at Evernote.com to see what (if anything) is recorded there,  plus -just in case- start noting what you can remember of the meeting so that you have some records of what went on.

How do I contact them directly please?