Parts of Notes just disappearing

So I recently downloaded the mac evernote app and Im so frustrated. 

I organise everything in bullet points and multiple times Ive had full bullet points and sub-bullet points just disappear... in fact its more often that the main bullet is there, and then all my notes underneath it is just gone... 

And its not just the last thing Ive typed, ive had notes disappear from the middle of my document while things I've typed later are still there... and im having this issue both online and offline... 

Please help, this is making me really wary to keep using it as I dont have time to keep retyping notes and worrying if Ive missed something thats disappeared...

• Level 5

I don‘t think you should have the problem if the app is updated to 10.39.

But … we had reports it does, and I had the problem myself. Found out that the update to 10.39 did not take effect until I had quitted (not only closed) the app, and restarted it. Then the new version took effect, and the problem was solved.

If this is still not enough, you can log out before quitting, and in case restart your Mac after quitting the app.

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I don‘t think you should have the problem if the app is updated to 10.39.

But … we had reports it does, and I had the problem myself. Found out that the update to 10.39 did not take effect until I had quitted (not only closed) the app, and restarted it. Then the new version took effect, and the problem was solved.

If this is still not enough, you can log out before quitting, and in case restart your Mac after quitting the app.

I'll follow your advice and see how it goes over the next few days! thanks for the tip!

I have 10.39.7, and I’ve just started seeing this problem in the past couple of days. Restarting Evernote hasn’t helped.

The first time I saw it, a set of three bullet points disappeared from a note within a day or so after I wrote them. I wrote them again, and they disappeared again. The third or fourth time that I wrote them, they stayed. But it was very frustrating.

The second and latest time I’ve run into the issue was today. This time it wasn’t bullet points—it was a couple dozen brief text paragraphs. I wrote them last night (at the end of an existing Evernote document), and today they’re gone.

In both cases, I checked the note history but Evernote had no record of the changes that I had made.

Really concerning—now I don’t know whether anything I type will disappear.

Followup: I reported my version of the problem to Evernote support. They replied with this, among other things:

You should absolutely never come to expect data loss when working in Evernote. Our engineering team halted all other work immediately upon discovering this problem. I am happy to let you know that we have just released an update that will resolve this issue. Please download and install it from: https://evernote.com/download/ 

I don’t know yet whether the new version fixes either my problem or the problem anyone else was seeing here, but I was glad that the Evernote people were responsive, and figured I should post a followup note to this thread.

…But very confusingly, the version at that download page is 10.39.6, whereas the version I already had is 10.39.7. So I’m not going to install the version from the download page, especially because the version I have comes from the Mac App Store. So I’ll follow up with support and see what I can find out.

• Level 5

The point number usually does not play a role in desktop updates, if not announced as a special release.

The download on the web site is always the latest version - the AppStore needs a little to run the obligatory tests.

But surely 10.39.6 isn’t more recent than 10.39.7?

Anyway, I got a response from Support that says that what they meant to send me was a CDN link to download version 10.40.8. I’m not sure if it’s OK for me to share that link on this forum, but I’m guessing that anyone who’s having content disappear can write to Support and ask them for the link. And I’m guessing that 10.40.8 will be available on their website and from the Apple Store at some point.

(I haven’t tried downloading and installing it yet.)

One more followup: Support says that the new version will be available from the Mac App Store in a week or so. Because I have the app from the App Store, they don’t recommend installing 10.40.8 from the CDN link that they sent me.

They added: 

Until the new version is released in the App Store,  you can reinstall the legacy version or use Evernote Web to access your notes. When installing the legacy version you won't need to remove the new app as both apps can be installed and run side by side.

So I’m just gonna avoid using the Mac app until the new version shows up in the App Store.

• 1 month later...

Geez. I am having this exact problem. It has caused me so much frustration and messing up when syncing. Plus sometimes I am typing and the keyboard goes away. Evernote has been glitchy-er than it has ever been in all my years of using it.