Export handwritten Apple Notes as jpeg to EN to make it searchable

Hi, I'm using Apple Notes for taking handwritten notes on my iPad. I prefer Apple Notes over other handwriting apps because I can access my active note by just tapping with my pencil on my locked iPad screen. Ideal in meetings. No need for passcode or FaceID, it's just fast: tap and write.

After a while, I'd like to file my old notes into Evernote. I just switched from OneNote to Evernote, and with OneNote, I would just use the share menu to share my note from Apple Notes to OneNote. And the handwritten text became searchable in OneNote. Very handy :-). I assumed I could do the same in Evernote, but unfortunately not. If I use the share menu in Apple Notes (send a copy), it exports my note as a PDF to Evernote. Nice... However, handwritten notes in a PDF file do not become searchable in Evernote. Evernote confirms it only makes handwritten text in  JPG and PNG searchable. Why???  OK, the iPad has a possibility to screenshot, even the parts that are not in the screen while making the screenshot (full page), and then it becomes a PNG file. But then Evernote is not available as an option in the share menu!! Again, why??? Now I have to save it to OneDrive first and then import it to Evernote. Very unattractive. 

Anyone has some ideas or best practices how to do this? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

EN makes only PNG, GIF and JPG searchable with handwriting. PDFs with handwriting will not be made searchable, with PDFs it is only typed text you can search.

Why ?

Because it says so in the help documentation.

It is a server software preference, which exists since quite a while. Pictures are queued in one line, PDFs in another. And on each a set of actions is performed, depending on file type. Maybe they will upgrade it one day, who knows.

If you want to learn more, contact support.