Copy and Paste Functionality from EN to Mail or Docs

Erctolling

Idea

15 replies to this idea

23 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

Copy & Paste works OK for me EN 10.36.2 BETA

Please define exactly what you mean. Are you saying that in EN 10.36.2 BETA Windows version you can right click an image in a note choose copy and then paste that image into another Windows application?

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Please define exactly what you mean. Are you saying that in EN 10.36.2 BETA Windows version you can right click an image in a note choose copy and then paste that image into another Windows application?

I'm using beta 10.36.2 and copy/paste in Windows does not work (other than to a Windows Explorer window including the Desktop) for me any more now than previously. I wonder if @bmcl26 is running a Mac? Otherwise what is different about his configuration?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I'm using beta 10.36.2 and copy/paste in Windows does not work (other than to a Windows Explorer window including the Desktop) for me any more now than previously. I wonder if @bmcl26 is running a Mac? Otherwise what is different about his configuration?

No Windows 11 64 Bit

• Evernote Expert

So this very interesting... I don't know any other Windows user able to copy images from inside a note and paste them into, say, a Word document. Neither does drag and drop work. I highlight an image and copy it to the clipboard. Open a Word document and paste but the image does not appear. If I attempt to drag and drop I get an empty container 'box' inside Word. The only way that works is to drag to the desktop and then insert it into Word.

Could you offer a step by step guide to how you have achieved this? Perhaps any special settings you have selected in Evernote or Windows. If we can work out how you are achieving this you will make many users very happy ;)

46 minutes ago, agsteele said:

So this very interesting... I don't know any other Windows user able to copy images from inside a note and paste them into, say, a Word document. Neither does drag and drop work. I highlight an image and copy it to the clipboard. Open a Word document and paste but the image does not appear. If I attempt to drag and drop I get an empty container 'box' inside Word. The only way that works is to drag to the desktop and then insert it into Word.

Could you offer a step by step guide to how you have achieved this? Perhaps any special settings you have selected in Evernote or Windows. If we can work out how you are achieving this you will make many users very happy ;)

It only works for plain notes click on the Image you want then right click "Copy Image" and paste it into whatever app you want.  Images inside HTML files dont work for them I simply use Snagit.

1 hour ago, bmcl26 said:

It only works for plain notes click on the Image you want then right click "Copy Image" and paste it into whatever app you want.  Images inside HTML files dont work for them I simply use Snagit.

Well I've tried to replicate this and still can't get it to work. My experience is exactly as descibed by @agsteele. You mention right click and "copy image". Do you literally see a "copy image" option or just "copy"? I only see "copy image" in the web version of EN. If I use "copy image" from the web version of EN I can paste into a Gmail but still not into Word.

I'm on 10.38 on windows 10 so my set up is obviously not exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Well I've tried to replicate this and still can't get it to work. My experience is exactly as descibed by @agsteele. You mention right click and "copy image". Do you literally see a "copy image" option or just "copy"? I only see "copy image" in the web version of EN. If I use "copy image" from the web version of EN I can paste into a Gmail but still not into Word.

I'm on 10.38 on windows 10 so my set up is obviously not exactly the same.

As long as it is not an HTML Note I can click on the image which opens enlarged a bit a right click offers a menu including copy image and then I can paste into Outlook, Word or most other apps.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

As long as it is not an HTML Note I can click on the image which opens enlarged a bit a right click offers a menu including copy image and then I can paste into Outlook, Word or most other apps.

Interesting. If I click on the image it opens in the Evernote image viewer (see screenshot). Right click and left click simply magnify the image. There is no menu. Very strange. Is it possible that you are double clicking the image which will open the image in whatever application is associated with that file type. Right clicking the image may well then give you an option to copy the image. 

Whatever you are doing, the double click option is a pretty easy workaround and I have just changed the association for jpg and png files to a simple, fast image viewer rather than photoshop.

Next thing is to be able to copy an attached pdf to a gmail!

image.thumb.png.4cd514a6f823d38c3d3c153c21a7b91b.png

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Interesting. If I click on the image it opens in the Evernote image viewer (see screenshot). Right click and left click simply magnify the image. There is no menu. Very strange. Is it possible that you are double clicking the image which will open the image in whatever application is associated with that file type. Right clicking the image may well then give you an option to copy the image. 

Whatever you are doing, the double click option is a pretty easy workaround and I have just changed the association for jpg and png files to a simple, fast image viewer rather than photoshop.

Next thing is to be able to copy an attached pdf to a gmail!

image.thumb.png.4cd514a6f823d38c3d3c153c21a7b91b.png

No just a single right click

15 hours ago, Mike P said:

Would it be possible to post some screen shots of what you are doing? I think both @agsteeleand I are mystified!

Will do Mike but it will be later this week before I can do that I am away from home at a Conference at the moment.

• Thanks 2