• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Could it be that you exceed the note size limit,  or a monthly upload limit?  Assuming that you're annotating in Evernote,  have you tried another app to edit the PDF?  When you have this situation,  have you been able to go back later and annotate the PDF successfully?

• 1 year later...

I'm also having this problem. I was annotating from the 'annotate' pencil in Evernote. Made annotations and found the 'Save' button is greyed out. Also haven't found a way to get back to my note list. Closing and reopening just opens into the pdf that cannot save.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, arenee.d said:

I'm also having this problem.

Device / OS and Evernote version numbers please.  And if you're on desktop and don't use 10.77.3 please download the update from Evernote.com and try again...

Still an issue.

Windows 11, running Evernote 10.78.2

I'm annotating a 3MB slide deck. I can save after annotating a slide. In order to annotate the next slide, I have to save, then reopen the presentation in annotate. If I move to the next slide before saving and re-opening, the save button is greyed out, even if I go back to the slide just annotated. Also, when I say annotate, I'm talking about adding a small text note, not something that would significantly drive up the note size.