Web Clipper not installable as Vivaldi browser extension

I had been using Web Clipper on Vivaldi for several years when it started to error out.  Vivaldi is a Chrome-base browser. 

I deleted the extension to start from scratch.  But when I try to reinstall the extension, the "install" button does not appear.  I checked and the Web Clipper extension in Chrome does have a button and installs just fine.  I went through a chat session with one of your techs a couple of months ago, but did not have a follow-up.

I have been a customer for a long time and the lack of functionality of this is a key feature a disappointment.  I look forward to a resolution.

Thank you.

install button.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm unable to verify this because my copy of Vivaldi 3.2.1967 crashes when I try to load the store...  Are you sure this is not a problem with the recent Vivaldi update? 

If the environment for Clipper has changed,  then Evernote will catch up when someone reports the issue to Support. (That's not us by the way) - but since my copy won't load the store,  and just crashed when I retried the page,  I wonder if they're having issues with the latest update...

On 2/18/2022 at 2:46 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'm unable to verify this because my copy of Vivaldi 3.2.1967 crashes when I try to load the store...  Are you sure this is not a problem with the recent Vivaldi update? 

If the environment for Clipper has changed,  then Evernote will catch up when someone reports the issue to Support. (That's not us by the way) - but since my copy won't load the store,  and just crashed when I retried the page,  I wonder if they're having issues with the latest update...

Update.... its on 5.1 now and really is quite excellent. A productivity powerhouse.

@lesjjohnson it's working a treat here on Vivaldi 5.1 on Windows and Linux. Do a search in settings for Google and check all the G rubbish is switched on. You need most of it on to use the store.

Check in a guest profile as it could be another extension messing around with things.

• Level 5*

Thanks all by the way - I hadn't registered that my copy of Vivaldi was so far behind (!).  Now I got it up to date I remember why I don't use it any more...  I have a couple of apps that open in their own browser window.  It's a bit like Evernote - the app looks  more like a stand alone app than a browser page. 

Setting one up is instant and easy in Chrome - just go to 3-dots / More Tools / Create Shortcut on the tab that you want to have as a separate window.  Tick the box that says 'open in own window' and as if by magic...

Except that in (Chrome-based) Vivaldi that feature seems not to exist :(

In (Chrome-based) Brave it works fine.  So - bye Vivaldi! (again...)