PDF-Export and drag and drop doesn`t work?

Dirk von Teichman

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Yes, looks like a Note was dragged.

When trying to drag an attachment, first click on it. It’s border changes to blue, signaling it is now selected. Then drag it wherever you want.

This works on a Mac. I think from other posts on Windows you still need to drop it to the desktop first.

• Like 1

I wish this were true. Over the past week or so, I have been unable to drag any attachment from Evernote on my Mac to another app or even to the finder. The type of attachment doesn't seem to matter: DOC, PDF, JPG... Even if I click, wait until it's blue, etc.

Any one else having this problem?

image.png.02078ed4b206732002a03dba5755e53b.png

Works just fine for me. I just dragged-and-dropped that image above into the browser from an Evernote note. Could also drag and drop onto the Desktop just fine. Could drag and drop a pdf attachment onto the Desktop (and other locations in Finder as well).

7 hours ago, dplatter said:

I wish this were true. Over the past week or so, I have been unable to drag any attachment from Evernote on my Mac to another app or even to the finder. The type of attachment doesn't seem to matter: DOC, PDF, JPG... Even if I click, wait until it's blue, etc.

Any one else having this problem?

Yes, Yes, I am. I scan multiple documents and have been able to drag & drop them into each other without issue until about a week ago.  Very annoying!!

I might have been on a slightly older version of Evernote that didn't have the issue recently mentioned. I'm on a different computer at the moment and can't tell for sure. But the release notes for the latest version of Evernote (released just a few hours ago) has this in the release notes: 

Fixed an issue where dragged and dropped attachments from Evernote to your desktop or Finder would not work

See: